seasick mewp

BARNSLEY BOB

finished three day groundie for a local chap.wanted me for my ticket as well as his climbing.

he got a 15m basket from those geezers at eazzee hire,£480 for three days!!

this morning 10.00am while he was manouvering, it stopped. 3.00pm finally told us that the fuses,of witch there was a packet of where the instruction book and lola cert was supposed to be,,are in the big control box behind green plastic covers/holders,,

any how, two medium oaks,16.5m and sphincter exercise later. went up on first day but not my job or my trees,,so spincter relativly intact,,

done couple of larger jobs using genie 45 and jlg 45 at full stretch ,,bit of sway but feels ok after a while.

basket,, basket case more like.... but we were on the edge of a wood,houses,poor traction,soft ground, might have caused a few problems for genie,even with 4wd..

face have a 20m boom on a dumper chassis, chappie said he rang, hire, one man band,,tree surgery,,,,,up north,,,,,,,dial tone,,,,,,,,,,,

still looking for something better,what else is out there ???? was a 19m on a 12t 360 carridge on ebay last wk,bit old and heavy,but sound idea??

beaver plant near york have a teupen... cant remember what size, (leo 15gt i think) but reasonably priced iirc

when the climber climbed out of the basket into the tree there was no aparent way for me to bring the basket back down to ground, but every machine has its foibles.

although i do wonder if its a regs thing that it has no controls on the main unit body as well as in the basket?

was quick and easy to set up though, and minimum intrusion and no damage to a soft lawn (metre square boards put under the feet)