Defender 90 tipper???

thelogstore

On one hand seems a shame to pull that nice landy about but on the other you will find it usefull sometimes to deliver to those out on a limb jobs solo. Really poor access jobs easier without trailer. The last drop on the way home, and the thick snow can still deliver jobs.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there,

I have seen a 90 truck cab with a tray back running around Newcastle Upon Tyne on a number of occasions. It belongs to a landscaping company who also run a 110 trayback and a 130, which may be a 6 wheeler but cannot quite remember. Whilst the 90 looked good I doubt it would be very useful. When I saw it I thought one of the 90 chassis truck cabs they use to tow the starting gates at horse races would be a good donor vehicle. Having had Defenders for nearly 20 years until 2 years ago when I switched to a Freelander, I miss mine terribly, especially as I lost my office job last year and have been working outdoors and am now in process of setting up a firewood business. A Defender would be sooo useful again!!

Good luck with whatever you decided.

Derek

Why would you bother. I would sell your ninety and get a nice one ten. Get a really well built tipper to follow the lines of the truck so will be good for visabilty etc. This would be better towing have a better load carrying capacity and even better resale value for the future. I think you would regret cutting up a perfectly good ninety as I dont see how that could become a usefull tipper. But hey each to there own.

lol love the matrass idea.

wot i would do is put a cage tipper on and carry 1.5on the landy and 6 on the trailer 7.5cube in total thats 5 separat deliverys

and a just dont think i can face the swaping the 90 for a 110! i just love 90's too much. and so do the birds lol!

What kind of girl has ever been impressed with a landy?:001_tt2:

Why would you bother. I would sell your ninety and get a nice one ten. Get a really well built tipper to follow the lines of the truck so will be good for visabilty etc. This would be better towing have a better load carrying capacity and even better resale value for the future. I think you would regret cutting up a perfectly good ninety as I dont see how that could become a usefull tipper. But hey each to there own.

I think it looks like madness, but I can't decide if thats in a good or bad way??

Bet it would be a crack to drive (Log deliveries by airstrike), but probably it would handle like a whale when loaded (especially on tired old springs)

On the good side, if you wish to try it, Take off the landys roof and butt, get a few brackets knocked up to fit a rear bulkhead and stick on a truck cab roof. You dont need to chop up anything. If you dont like it, refit the origionals (you will prob sell any bits you dont want for what you paid for them).

Landys...... great for lifes experimenters :001_smile:

Fear not, Thelogstore,

you could still be the first :thumbup1:.

It maybe a 90 tipper picture, but its not a picture of a 90 tipper.

Just a picture of a 110 tipper thats been cut and pasted a bit, see below for origional picture found elsewhere on this thread.

tipper.jpg.72c257e7c39764e210753522587c589d.jpg

I had a 90 truck cab a while back that I was toying with removing the butt and replacing it with somthing else, but I couldn't decide what (flatbed, built in chipper, etc, etc). Although I took the back off, and even got as far a purchasing a rear bulkhead, I never did any more, and the Landy finished its days just pushing chippers round the yard :confused1: