Wildcat!

No not some new chipper, rather the endangered feline itself. A combination of respect for this animal and feeling all charitable (!); so I've done my good deed for the day and joined (therefore donated) the Scottish Wildcat Association.

Proper little fighters!

Scottish Wildcat Association, conserving Scotland's critically endangered wild felines

597655f94b644_wildcatsnow.JPG.19cbea74e80d9962ad4ae0157579b468.JPG

Edited by TimberCutterDartmoor

You do see them now and then, I've seen quite a few, other folk have been on the ground all their lives and never seen one.

I was involved in some work a couple of years ago, setting up some projects, here's a link to some info

Cairngorms National Park Authority: Search Results

Northshots ... images from Nature

Highland Tiger : The Scottish Wildcat

• 1 month later...

Pound for pound the meanest animals on the planet - truly amazing.

I was whiling away my evenings on Skye a couple of months back (was over there planting trees), reading a book by Sir John Lister Kaye who set up Aigas field centre. In it he talks about his first Scottish Wildcat sighting in the 70s - it was only in the very bloody woods I now look after not 400 yds from my house!!

Needless to say i've spent a LOT of time looking for them since - needless to say i've not seen one either. If these beasties don't want to be seen they just disappear.... Brilliant to know they're around though.

They reckon now the biggest threat to these moggies isn't loss of habitat or persecution, it's interbreeding with domestic cats.

these cute little things are quite a handfull john in the flesh, if you ever want to see any go to the wildlife park outside Aviemore, they have the polar bear from Edinburgh zoo aswell now, a great place and awesome location

i do believe they're housing two of my ex girlfriends too..:lol:

nice one for supporting a small charity:thumbup: