Learning tree id?

Frankie Lawrence

yea its true.....they are both charlatans.....funghi no nothings. I'm getting fed up with Hama ringing me at 4 in the morning to ask me about a bracket he's found.....do i know what it is? David bombarding me with picture messages for advice.....charlatans i'm tellin ya.

as i was saying earlier with regards the pair of you!!!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea its true.....they are both charlatans.....funghi no nothings. I'm getting fed up with Hama ringing me at 4 in the morning to ask me about a bracket he's found.....do i know what it is? David bombarding me with picture messages for advice.....charlatans i'm tellin ya.

:lol: missed this one earlier!

ident of trees can be particularly good to try and do at this time when no or few leaves are showing, as buds can be particularlly helpful in ident and bark type etc, then when the leaves do come along it makes it even easier to help with the ident

theres nothing better than getting out there and having a go, if your at work and your working on various trees, learn that but try and learn the latin as it willget easier and helps in the long run as people have said with genus then species etc.

some colleges offer day courses for tree ident walks or even try your local wildlife group? etc

understanding what the latin is referring to is really helpful say for example Pittosporum crassifolium -Pitto (sticky) sporum(seed) crass(thick) folium(leaf) so you are looking for a thick leaved tree with sticky seeds.

Practice makes good but only perfect practice makes perfect!

Ask lots of questions from senior work colleagues and take leaves home for IDing.