Short ropes

RobRainford

Hi there

how many of you have a short rope for doing smaller garden trees? I'm thinking about looking for one. Just need some recommendations. I was going to go for some xtc spearmint or other fancy colour I can find. The yellow/black is intriguing. Is it worth getting a spliced eye or just climb on a bowline? I've got a 45m one now and it gets a bit long when I'm in small stuff. Jonesie has some 25m with a splice that are catching my eye.

What's the best length to buy? I'm after 13mm because I can grip it better.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi there

how many of you have a short rope for doing smaller garden trees? I'm thinking about looking for one. Just need some recommendations. I was going to go for some xtc spearmint or other fancy colour I can find. The yellow/black is intriguing. Is it worth getting a spliced eye or just climb on a bowline? I've got a 45m one now and it gets a bit long when I'm in small stuff. Jonesie has some 25m with a splice that are catching my eye.

What's the best length to buy? I'm after 13mm because I can grip it better.

ive got my everyday 45meter rope, then i have a 15meter short rope, also i use my long lanyard on really small stuff thats 10meters useful haveing a short line :thumbup1:

have got a 17m and a 28m as well as the good 45 tachy... the only reason the 17 and 28 isnt a 45 was a mouse had breakfast...needless to say there is a new storage policy here,

have to say the shorter lines are great, use them as a twin rope set up or single for small bits..

havent broken out the tachy yet,, shiny new VT system courtesy of rich to play on too..

Short rope a good idea, usually made up from a long rope that was shortend during the day... ooops

I'd but 15m lenght no eye... but its your choice.... if monies not and issue the go for spliced eye.....

its 50/50 whether to get a splice or not, its just they cost so much, unless someone on here would splice it for me if i was going to not get a splice, id buy an extra metre to make up for the lost length tying the bowline, but i dont suppose it matters?