customers pictures of todays job

josharb87

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice set of shots Josh, looks like your living the life mate.

Might be worth a mention to all the newbie arb's that are reading the comments that its a great job, the work positioning and use of the saw is not to the book. My trainee guys come on here looking for tips etc, there is no way I want them swinging round the tree using the saw one handed! :001_smile:

You are obviously perfectly competant, Josh and how you work is up to you. :thumbup1:

Might be worth a mention to all the newbie arb's that are reading the comments that its a great job, the work positioning and use of the saw is not to the book. My trainee guys come on here looking for tips etc, there is no way I want them swinging round the tree using the saw one handed! :001_smile:

You are obviously perfectly competant, Josh and how you work is up to you. :thumbup1:

Good heads up, Simon :thumbup1:

Nice set of shots Josh, looks like your living the life mate.

Good point, but on this occasion I was thinking the opposite. Normally on here we see a lot of pics of one handed use which is just wrong. In these pics he is using the saw one handed, mainly where he is allowed to use it one handed, ie to get the ends and tips at full stretch. :thumbup1:

Think there may be a little evidence of a little cut and hold too though, naughty naughty.

very vaild point simon :thumbup:

arbclimber, its ironic you say cutting and holding is naughty, whilst full stretch is ok, as the only time i have been caught out was at full stretch! but that was in an exeptional circumstance.

i could defend my work practises, but as simons mentioned, trainees may be reading and i wouldnt want them using unapproved techniques just because someone on a forum has planted the seed in their head that its ok.

the way i use this method of work is safe FOR ME, lewis hamilton can take a f1 car round a track at 180mph, if i tried id certainly crash and burn, despite us both holding driving licences!

of course i am peter, because like lewis, i too am black, wealthy and banging a pussy cat doll:001_smile:

i dont know about rules and regs here, i dont think there are any! apparantly its frowned upon by other tree workers(still havent seen another arb gang in 2 weeks!) was told this on the trial day, as the only critism the boss had to my climbing, although he said it was more of an observation, as i was confident and safe he had no problems with the methods i use :001_cool: