One for DMM/treemagineers

treemeup

Treemeup- cant you find a sailmaker/ chandlery that does rigging and get a splice put in your rope....near me you can get it done for about £6 in any rope, they dont seem to worry. OK it wont have the correct markings for a LOLER, but thats a different story. If you are worried about that borrow a rope for a few days and send yours to the likes of Honey Brothers who, i think, can splice it and put the correct labeling on too.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

the hitch climber is designed for a specific purpose(which involves a splice), why not just buy a regular pulley and use that? problem solved, plus its cheaper for you

What makes no sense Steve?

There is no mention in any of the information provided with the HC or on the treeworker.co.uk website in the product description of the need for a splice whatsoever! :confused1:

I don't have a major problem using this system the way i do, i've been climbing on it for 3yrs and have never found myself in trouble due to it, its just a minor annoyance to me (as previously stated). However from some of your (obviously very negative) views on the HC's use without a splice and from a recent other thread about a fall (for whatever the reason) I believe the need for a splice with this system should be pointed out to prospective users at some point in the purchasing process, or the product should be altered so as it can be used without a splice

end of thread? :sneaky2:

Treemeup- cant you find a sailmaker/ chandlery that does rigging and get a splice put in your rope....near me you can get it done for about £6 in any rope, they dont seem to worry. OK it wont have the correct markings for a LOLER, but thats a different story. If you are worried about that borrow a rope for a few days and send yours to the likes of Honey Brothers who, i think, can splice it and put the correct labeling on too.

Tommer, i will be getting a splice in my next rope (although I may search out a chandlery in the area, nice one mate) at the moment it really isn't a major problem for me, the point of this thread was to bring to the attention of DMM/treemagineers an idea to improve the HC's usability

the point of this thread was to bring to the attention of DMM/treemagineers an idea to improve the HC's usability

i think you're missing the point....why would they want to re-design what is in my opinion a spot on and finished product because someone wants to use it with a knot over a splice? simple answer is they wouldnt.

i think you're missing the point....why would they want to re-design what is in my opinion a spot on and finished product because someone wants to use it with a knot over a splice? simple answer is they wouldnt.

thread closed. haha

Mark, at McDonalds is freedom of thought and speech looked down upon? Are ideas of the improvement and development of equipment shot down at the first? If so i'm not sure i'd want to be part of such an industry :thumbdown:

Freedom of thought and speech are not looked down upon here??? apart from swearing (no need Mark:001_tt2:)

Its just your idea has no legs. Its not gonna run anywhere.

Im sorry but its not. It seems to me as if you would be down grading the product somehow.

The idea was to make your knot in someway not interfere with your hitch, easy, put a sling and biner inbetween harness and knot. Job done. How can the "look" of something put you off?? They are rated for a reason and get used all day everyday for many things.

As I'm unsure, nay positive that I'm not the only climber in the world using a termination knot with the HC.

We can all have our opinions and mine is that after seeing the pinto pully, this product can be improved.

My point is if i see a development that could be done to a product i'll put it out there and see what people think.

it seems some seem to have taken offence to this :confused1:

As I'm unsure, nay positive that I'm not the only climber in the world using a termination knot with the HC.

We can all have our opinions and mine is that after seeing the pinto pully, this product can be improved.

My point is if i see a development that could be done to a product i'll put it out there and see what people think.

it seems some seem to have taken offence to this :confused1:

Nobodys taken offence at all bud. Draw us a diagram of how it can be improved???:thumbup1: