Waste Transfer Licence

bareroots

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:confused1:quite reasonable?????????????????????????:confused1:

So £140 for nothing in return is reasonable??????????:confused1:

In that case please send me a cheque for £140 and I promise too send you nothing through the post, can't say any fairer than that now can I:sneaky2:

Cheers 'Skyhuck',

'Reasonable' (obvioulsy only to some) in that for less than £50 a year you can have 'peace of mind' and probably get back on the road much quicker with a WCL if you get a multi-team pull.

BUT I quite agree the principle 'stinks' and, as I sadi earleir, with a bigger voice and more support I'd happily set resources aside to challenge this one! I guess form your side you'll say "prove your worth, get it sorted, n I'll consider it" = stalemate (at the moment).

All ACs, with only a couple of exceptions who have an "exemption certificate/letter" issued by their local EA office, must have a WCL in oredr to comply with the scheme AND copies are often requested by clients, albeit at the LA/commercial level and not 'Mrs Miggins' = could we give a dispensation here?...dunno! Would rather tackle the subject and get a definitive from 'the courts'...anyone fancy it?

Cheers..

Paul

PS Where do I send the cheque???

Would rather tackle the subject and get a definitive from 'the courts'...anyone fancy it?

I will tackle it, I'm just waiting to get pulled over by them.

I am somewhat dissappointed that the AA have rolled over for a belly tickle on this issue rather than fighting it and also make it a condition of membership.

I'm a memeber of BASC with my shooting, I am a member because BASC fight tooth and nail to defend its members from meaningless, needless legislation, I would expect the same if I were an AA member, not them taking the easy route

I will tackle it, I'm just waiting to get pulled over by them.

I am somewhat dissappointed that the AA have rolled over for a belly tickle on this issue rather than fighting it and also make it a condition of membership.

I'm a memeber of BASC with my shooting, I am a member because BASC fight tooth and nail to defend its members from meaningless, needless legislation, I would expect the same if I were an AA member, not them taking the easy route

Hi Dean,

Wasn't quite the 'pushover/rollover' you imply, more a fact finding mission (with the EA) and then a 'reasonable' interpretation but 'yes', erring on the side of caution, to protect ACs and members if they choose to follow our advice.

As I mnetioned previoulsy, 'rightly or wrongly', this decision considered the 'less than £50 per year' scenario and had it been much greater, and with more support, we would/could have challenged it. This also considered that several LA clients were already requesting it from their contractors.

You mentioned you feel you're 'shooting club' give more support and fight unnecessary regulation etc., perhaps tho they have a distinct advantage given the nature of the what they do?!...not really.

Cheers..

Paul

PS Unfortunately, at this moment in time, other matters are deemed more pressing so I can't (currently) reconsider our stance on this matter...sorry!

Hi Dean,

Wasn't quite the 'pushover/rollover' you imply, more a fact finding mission (with the EA) and then a 'reasonable' interpretation but 'yes', erring on the side of caution, to protect ACs and members if they choose to follow our advice.

Perhaps then Paul, you gave into the minefiled of misinterpretation and uncertainty rather than a rock solid yes or no you dont need one.

Even the EA cant get the interpretation correct :001_smile:

So as a representative of the Arb industry why dont you simply start an online opinion poll to assess the feeling of arbs towards whther they consider there arb arisings should be classed as waste

Or just simply an objection to the fact that we should require one

Edited by Dean Lofthouse

Perhaps then Paul, you gave into the minefiled of misinterpretation and uncertainty rather than a rock solid yes or no you dont need one.

Even the EA cant get the interpretation correct :001_smile:

So as a representative of the Arb industry why dont you simply start an online opinion poll to assess the feeling of arbs towards whther they consider there arb arisings should be classed as waste

Or just simply an objection to the fact that we should require one

No point wasting people's time with an online 'POLL', leave it with me....but don't expect a change of interpretation quickly.

I dunno, the things I bl**dy well do for these guys...ha, (NOT before time...I KNOW!!!!!!)

Cheers..

Paul

leave it with me....but don't expect a change of interpretation quickly.

Cheers..

Paul

I dont think anyone expects it done overnight, but if you are going to challenge the EA, perhaps you will keep us updated. Say, in a week or so?

If a Poll will do any good i am sure most people would be willing to participate.

Cheers, Pete.

It might be a little shafting but it adds up.

I pay £9.99 for phone insurance, it's only a bit but overall I pay £5k a year on insurances,thats £50k in ten years, half my mortgage

I know what youe mean though, it can be frightening when you start looking through the expenses:scared1:

Well compared to what customers think is a one man band with a truck and chainsaw!

Probably the last thing I'll say about WCL(for now!) is that I got one so I can slag of all my competitors who dont have a WCL to potential customers and scare them into using us by blagging that they will be slapped in jail otherwise:thumbup1:

Also, I just thought that it would be one less thing to worry about and may help with commercial work.

TBH I cant see the EA changing their minds since it really depends on what we do with the arisings that determines whether its waste or not. I cant see them giving special permission to all tree companies in the hope they will recycle and not landfill etc.

It would prob cause murder with other trades, scrap just to name one which undoubtedly is a business on a much larger scale than us.