Mog losing air/air not building up

well guys i must say a big thanks to you all for all your advice and help , and a big thanks to rob who is one of my groundsmen and does also has a good knowlege of agricultural equipment and maintainence , after several hours with the workshop compressor , stripping down the main distribution valve which was full of crap , then the blow off valve and finally we replaced the main airline from the compresor to the blow of valve which was leaking small amounts of air from several areas due to the pipe heating up majorly when the compressor was on its way out . so now the mog is building air up to roughly 18.5 bar and then the blow off valve kicks in , during the last 2 days and stripping the air system down we have managed to cure a couple airleaks as well .

now i see what the likes of Steven Blair , Sky Huck and the rest of you mog owners meant when you said about the ammount of work neded to keep them on the road . and after all this i can safely say its no longer a 6 ton lump of scrap its a mog again lol

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was lovely. I had a lie-in until nearly 9am!!! and then pottered about and delivered a couple of HUGE loads of logs in the landy and trailer, then lit the barby to cook tea on! Bit more timber going out tomorrow....ready to get back to work again now- devil makes work for idle hands and all that lol

cts, now you know your mog like the back of your hand, at least it broke down in the yard and not out on a job, i remember my belt that ran the compressor snapped in a wood, on a hill with the chipper on the deck. The belt was a few quid, but call out and time brought the bill to about £300 and i held the pipeline job up for about 5 hours and had 4 guys standing about. you will look back at this as a learning curve, pricey and stressfull, but go a run tomorrow through your local town/village and enjoy all th elooks you get and get those airhorns blasting, woop woop