customers!!!

Ian C

Just wondered how other S/E peeps are doing at the moment, have you much work in? im ticking over with a few good jobs in but im getting sick of being "dicked" around more and more, just had a guy text me re a job next week, agreed on a price to fell a small gum and grind it, text me today saying sorry but his house insurance firm are going to have the tree removed by there nominated contractors............peeing up my back just wish he could be honest and say i have had a better price. done loads of quotes in the last month or so and the amount of people that want it for nowt or start bartering is deffo on the up.

Really gets me down to be honest, so much so im feeling like just getting a job more and more......

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chin up Ian, there are always customers wanting something for nothing!

If its happening that regulary add 10% to your original cost then when they barter tell them you'll knock it off, at least they will feel like they have a deal and you'll feel better!

Thats the way I used to deal with those ones, you always can tell!

add it on then take it off and everyones a winner!:thumbup1:

Its not so much the bartering ones that get me it's the ones that have you travel ten miles each way to look at a job for £150 and say yes then call you back 2 days later to say they have been told 90 quid or not to bother, Looked at a big formal conny hedge the other day, 25' high and 200 yds long, told the guy 350 plus 200 for a mewp as im not working off ladders at that hight with a hedge cutter, "i quite agree" said they guy, H+S is paramount then tells me he has had a quote from a guy with a lad for 250 quid to do it !!!!!! was gob smacked. traveled 15m to see that.

Chin up Ian, there are always customers wanting something for nothing!

If its happening that regulary add 10% to your original cost then when they barter tell them you'll knock it off, at least they will feel like they have a deal and you'll feel better!

Better still, get someone else to do yer pricing for ya.

I agree its cheeky when after they except a quote they go out and get try to get a cheaper price. If this happens or I've quoted a couple of times for someone and not heard back I will refuse to look at any further work they ask for.

Yeah know where your coming from . I ve not got loads on but enough for us ticking over as you say :001_smile: . Ive looked at a dead birch 3 times now and customer is still not sure if shes wants it removed . Which is great but why does she keep calling me ?. Customers eh what can ya do as we need em :biggrin: