First aid, the ultimate arbs kit?

[P.S There are ways to stop a major arterial bleed, letting it all run out of your body before attempting to stop it is not recommended Dean. Find the artery and apply pressure should be anyone's first thoughts in that situation

If you use celox, you follow the manufacturers instructions :sneaky2:

It would be applied after blood loss anyway, by the time you get down and get out the celox a minute will have passed anyway.... :001_smile:

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No amount of planning and risk assessments can prevent an accident,

:confused1: So I guess you don't bother wasting your time doing them??:confused1:

What utter rubbish!!!

R/A's prevent most accidents. I'm not just talking about written R/A, I mean the ones we have alway done.

When you get to site and are looking round, if you see a trip hazard, you move it or if it can't be moved you tell every one on site about.

When your up a tree your "assessing risk" every second, "will that go over?"" will that swing in??". On really knackered trees, "have I taken enough off this side?, better take some off over there"

To consider accidents as inevitable is ridiculous, but we must be prepared in case they do happen.

With the right training and the shirt off you back you can keep some one alive till the pro's arrive.

If a big yellow box will make you feel better, great buy one, but please don't try and make me get one.

I agree..

When I said earlier about improving work methods and risk assessments, I didn't mean ticking some boxes at the begining of the day, I meant assessing everything you do as you go along.

So, when using a large saw up a tree, every single cut must be assessed to check that if it skips or jumps or kicks back it is not goign to cut you, at all, let alone on a major artery.

Work postioning can be changed if you are not sure. There is alays a safer way.

Well we were talking about it today at work. I asked my gorundie (the one that I would want to be with in an emergency) what he would do if I had an arterial bleed.

His response was re assuring to say the least!

He would not require a drama box!

Well we were talking about it today at work. I asked my gorundie (the one that I would want to be with in an emergency) what he would do if I had an arterial bleed.

His response was re assuring to say the least!

He would not require a drama box!

good for you rupe, unfortunatley I dont have that confidence.