I.S.A exam at capel 24th April-advice

you wont do! the isa are notoriously unhelpful for an organisation who are supposed to care!!

try the online shop,

or try somewhere like sherriltree.com or treesource.

maybe even honeybros at a long shot?

or just ring the chapter office, and speak to the very unhelpful people on the other end.

i tried the course and test last year, its nothing to write home about!

I am seriously considering taking this exam at the capel show this spring, has anyone done this off the bat without any revision or prior knowledge of the test?

any advice in preparation for doing it?

From

http://www.isa-arboriculture.org/cgi-bin/adminfiles.cgi?fa=download&from=site&fileid=397&gname=cmfiles

Applications and proper payment must be received by the Chapter office no later than thirty working days before a scheduled exam. There will be no exceptions. Applications received after that deadline will be filed for the next scheduled exam.

Other than that the exam is a multiple choice exam divided into “domains” and tailored for each zone. The UK exam questions are UK based, the units are European rather than US, there are questions on UK law (TPO’S) that aren’t on the US question bank the indent section will be UK trees.

I managed to pass it and I am as dumb as a post

All in all I would say go for it, if you can get a place. If you get an overall pass mark but are deficient in one (possibly more) domain you can do a domain re sit on the one you failed rather than re doing the entire test.

Andy

From

http://www.isa-arboriculture.org/cgi-bin/adminfiles.cgi?fa=download&from=site&fileid=397&gname=cmfiles

Applications and proper payment must be received by the Chapter office no later than thirty working days before a scheduled exam. There will be no exceptions. Applications received after that deadline will be filed for the next scheduled exam.

Other than that the exam is a multiple choice exam divided into “domains” and tailored for each zone. The UK exam questions are UK based, the units are European rather than US, there are questions on UK law (TPO’S) that aren’t on the US question bank the indent section will be UK trees.

I managed to pass it and I am as dumb as a post

All in all I would say go for it, if you can get a place. If you get an overall pass mark but are deficient in one (possibly more) domain you can do a domain re sit on the one you failed rather than re doing the entire test.

Andy

thanks, I shall give it a go if i can score the 150 quid for the exam!:001_huh:

I am seriously considering taking this exam at the capel show this spring, has anyone done this off the bat without any revision or prior knowledge of the test?

any advice in preparation for doing it?

Hama,

What kind of level is this examination? Is is equivalent to cert, dip etc