Unimog U900. How many of you use them?

njc110381

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. I'm thinking it can't cost that much to run a U900 part time. It's not like it's going to be working 8 hours a day six days a week. As long as you move them once or twice a week to keep the seals lubed I'm told they're fine.

I've just looked up a TP200PTO on youtube too. That looks just the job! It's funny, when you mentioned a Junkari chipper in one of your posts I thought you were talking about cheap imported rubbish in general, not an actual maker! That name can't do anything for sales surely?!:laugh1:

its the weight issue on the rear axle you have to worry about cts, i was wanting a big 12" schiesling, but it weighed about 3 tonne. and back springs are expensive and if its too back heavy you will need front weights, and then the tyres will get a bit of a hammering.

i see your point steve , i guess that 12 inch wesex they had on the front is about as big as i would wanna go then even that will require weights on the back when it aint full of chip , but i may look round for a front mount like you bought or yours , i think the only problem with stuff like this is that they dont come up fpr sale to offten

you missed my front mount by 2 weeks lol. Front mount is good, i never liked the wessex chippers, too many electrics if that one is the same as the one i demod, thats why i like the tp, simple and no plug in bits. i wouldnt put a heavy chipper on the front, i think the 7" schiesling would be as much as i would think is ok with out causing damage to pumps, joints and tyres. maybe i am wrong, but just what i think. i dont see the point on chipping huge timber anymore, firewood is worth too much and so easy to sell or get uplifted. my tp opening is 11" x13". if you are used to tow behinds then you will love a standard 10" pto chipper

I was wondering why people chip up to that size too? Perhaps for biofuel supply? It's certainly a lot of bulk as I shouldn't think it takes too long to get a trailer full of chip if you're taking on that size timber.

Anything bigger than 4" gets used for firewood when I'm doing that sort of thing. I've got a huge collection at home and sold a few loads to get me through the winter last year too.

I made a big mistake the year before last. I cut up a fallen Beech that was too big for my 660 and 3' bar to take in one go (had to go from both sides). That would have made a stunning table! What a tit! :thumbdown:

I was wondering why people chip up to that size too? Perhaps for biofuel supply? It's certainly a lot of bulk as I shouldn't think it takes too long to get a trailer full of chip if you're taking on that size timber.

Anything bigger than 4" gets used for firewood when I'm doing that sort of thing. I've got a huge collection at home and sold a few loads to get me through the winter last year too.

I made a big mistake the year before last. I cut up a fallen Beech that was too big for my 660 and 3' bar to take in one go (had to go from both sides). That would have made a stunning table! What a tit! :thumbdown:

Only reason i would have a bigger chipper is to pull in odd sized and bushy material, i agree, anything over 4" i use for firewood.