Unimog U900. How many of you use them?

njc110381

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That makes sense. Perhaps that's something else I should put on my shopping list. It's a cheap piece of kit that could save it's cost in five minutes on some jobs!

That really is a smart picture. It looks like you've done well for yourself.:thumbup1:

thanks, once you start using winches and lifting kit, you soon learn the slightest angle can change everything, and a 10ton mog can get thrown about quite easy if you arent straight on to what you are pulling, and those big front springs can break quite easy under side stress

I don't do anything that heavy just yet but I can see where you're coming from. I've pulled timber off of some steep banks with the Landy before and I found it quite hard work.

What's the 4x4 lorry you're running now? That sounds interesting. I'm picturing something not quite as hardcore as a Mog but still pretty capable. I assume there are no PTOs etc and you run a towable chipper?

That's a smart looking setup. It would take me most of the day to deal with a tree that size! How economical is the lorry compared to a Mog, or is it more a case of it just being a more suitable tool for your needs?

It seems you've had no shortage of toys, sorry tools, in your time!:laugh1:

it is very economical, it is ag taxed, so its free rd tax. i run it on white, so a tank is about £80 and that lasts me a month usually. that tree was twin stemmed, one stem had broke, so i just lifted them one at a time onto the lorry and took them to the yard, its only about 2 miles away, and i will stick them through my bigger chipper when i feel like it( i still have a tp250 pto) but i did the 2 trees with about 4 cuts, so not much sweeping.

i lifted this root out on another blown conny that day, so the truck is very handy and extremely manouverable, and likes getting its wheels dirty too, i think i will put mog tyres on it though, they fit straight on, just look cool though, no other reason lol:laugh1:

597655c660648_cherrytreedismantle013.jpg.7eba48f6faac4f40729918c0fc381ba0.jpg

597655c65deaa_nodsdalefinish005.jpg.9b4e789850f0aa8ded7de79f9ac3b30c.jpg

597655c64e5a9_newtractor004.jpg.77178445fb5a2324a6e6e6ec13122eeb.jpg

597655c64c140_newtractor005.jpg.0b73696033857e565aad271b8916070e.jpg

597655c646068_stormdamagemarch010.jpg.a5f6deaaacfa59b09b75c33aec720db3.jpg