Timberwolf 150 vtr, poor design

Hodge

I had a 150 tow behind for 4 years, great machine. I was so impressed that when it came time to change i went for a 150 vtr, i was not dissapointed, it to is a great machine however i have 1 complaint. I came to give it a service today and got underneath to drain the oil and to my dissapointment the oil drain plug on the sump is very hard to get to but also has the hydralic pipes running right underneath it so wnen you get the plug out the oil hits a metal trough that i guess is meant to direct the oil away from the sub frame but it goes straight onto the pipes, thus the oil goes everywhere. i spent a good 20 mins cleaning the oil up and its still drips from off where its creeped into. not a good design on such a good machine. i expected better from timberwolf. rant over. look forward to timberwolfs comments.

I had a 150 tow behind for 4 years, great machine. I was so impressed that when it came time to change i went for a 150 vtr, i was not dissapointed, it to is a great machine however i have 1 complaint. I came to give it a service today and got underneath to drain the oil and to my dissapointment the oil drain plug on the sump is very hard to get to but also has the hydralic pipes running right underneath it so wnen you get the plug out the oil hits a metal trough that i guess is meant to direct the oil away from the sub frame but it goes straight onto the pipes, thus the oil goes everywhere. i spent a good 20 mins cleaning the oil up and its still drips from off where its creeped into. not a good design on such a good machine. i expected better from timberwolf. rant over. look forward to timberwolfs comments.

there's a piece of kit that runs from a compressor, sucks the oil out through the dip stick. Some garage speed merchants use them.

Never worked on a TW but are you sure that there isnt another drain plug knocking about? Sometimes they run a pipe to a more convenient place.

I would look into getting one made up for next time if it doesnt have one.

Well thats what Vermeer do anyway. :001_tongue:

Thank you for your comments.

We take all feedback from our customers very seriously.

I will endeavour to fully understand the issue and see if there is room for me to design the issue out. An internal document has already been raised and I will come back to you when we have some answers.

Thanks again for bringing it to our attention and sorry for the aggrevation it has caused you.

Jeff Haines

Design Director.

Never worked on a TW but are you sure that there isnt another drain plug knocking about?

Hi

That engine did have two drain points, one right in the middle of the sump and one at the front of the sump. The engine manufacturer decided to remove the middle one. It may be there if the machine is pre this change, I am sure you would have spotted it, if indeed it was there.

Jeff

Get one of these. Just an example with a picture. Lots of Sealy suppliers everywhere.

TP69 Sealey Lubricant Handling Equipment Sealey TP69 Vacuum Oil & Fluid Extractor Manual 6.5ltr - From Lawson HIS - UK

Ours is 5 years old, done hundreds of oil changes on all types of equipment and is still going strong. So easy and no mess. Does work alot better if you warm oil up first.

Get one of these. Just an example with a picture. Lots of Sealy suppliers everywhere.

TP69 Sealey Lubricant Handling Equipment Sealey TP69 Vacuum Oil & Fluid Extractor Manual 6.5ltr - From Lawson HIS - UK

Ours is 5 years old, done hundreds of oil changes on all types of equipment and is still going strong. So easy and no mess. Does work alot better if you warm oil up first.

I have one of those as well and it gets the thumbs up from me:thumbup:

I cant remember the last time i undid a sump plug, Those things are better left alone!

Thank you for your comments.

We take all feedback from our customers very seriously.

I will endeavour to fully understand the issue and see if there is room for me to design the issue out. An internal document has already been raised and I will come back to you when we have some answers.

Thanks again for bringing it to our attention and sorry for the aggrevation it has caused you.

Jeff Haines

Design Director.

Thanks jeff.