Whats the daftest thing you have seen loler'd

Charlieh

I will start of with recently I was on a site, the tractor hand bars that you pull yourself up into the cab with have to now be loler'd :001_huh::confused1:

I do wonder where this will end, also how many L/A staff on here have taken this level of precaution with machinery

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool:thumbup1:

Gives me more of a reason to get my LOLER inspecting ticket, since it looks like the way forward.:thumbup:

May as well make sure everything with a handle is inspected from the good old dumpy bag for collecting clippings, to our kit bags to the works coffee mug.

We all know a good hot steaming cup of tea to the trousers tonsils isnt funny at all:thumbdown:

Tis the future! :001_huh:

Only if it's used........ A lot of firms now won't let you change a wheel. When I used to drive a minibus you'd often get a spare wheel and no jack or wrench. I'd pop a jack in just in case, came in useful once, especially soon as there aa card was well hidden!

Technically the jack in the landrover should be lolered.

I suppose if you think about it its probably more important to get a jack lolered in a works vehicle than it is to say get a climbing kit lolered.

Not that I would condone such a silly and preposterous waste of time and money though.

And I hope you didnt :001_smile:

The place I get my standards from had their forks failed on the loler inspection, the new ones were exactly the same. Needless to say they now use a different loler inspector for that bit of kit.

Do you use the tirfor and winch for lifting, I'd wouldn't necessary have put them under loler, a bit like pull ropes really?

R

I have no idea charlie, he just asked me if I had a tractor and if it had a front loader which I use for logs and chip. I just told them my apprentice doesn't go anywhere near it and he accepted that as ok.

With regards to the tirfor, I supposed it's because it can be used for lifting or lowering a load, not neccessarily that it will be :confused1:

I think they go well over board on a College H&S assessment myself :001_smile: