Stump Grinder

igottacabstar

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

used the danequip one with the kohler engine on it. liked it, but it can be a bit of a swine to swing side to side all the time.

cue bandit HB20 'sidewinder'

at lamma this year i got talking to the UK dealer, and had a play with one on their stand (engine off of course). basically you pull it up to the stump, pull a pin or move a lever, i forget, and the wheels stay still and the whole body swivels on top of the wheel carriage like a turn table affair. so smooth, so easy. not tried one on a stump, but i was certainly impressed. the hb20 has a 20hp kohler and driven wheels, the HB 19 has a 13hp engine and is manual

jim

cue bandit HB20 'sidewinder'

at lamma this year i got talking to the UK dealer, and had a play with one on their stand

Weren't BErecycling was it Jim.

If so forget customer service, they all yes sir no sir to sell you one.

Then when something goes wrong, oh we'll get back to you, I'll get an engineer to call........

Then when something goes wrong, oh we'll get back to you, I'll get an engineer to call........

Yers... Remember I mentioned a UK equipment supplier....?:cussing:

Also, the bandit stumpgrinder is a poor copy of the old manual swing vermeers, and there are some much better austrailian copy's.

it was GBT products. Greville, the head honcho seemed a genuinely nice bloke. He took the time to talk to a 21 year old lad (me) who isnt in business but one day would love to be. He's not far away so he said he'd demo me his single roller 7inch chipper that he designed with his brother. It does look a very nice machine, think its a bit on the heavy side though, anyway thats a whole other discussion.

Yers... Remember I mentioned a UK equipment supplier....?:cussing:

Also, the bandit stumpgrinder is a poor copy of the old manual swing vermeers, and there are some much better austrailian copy's.

ah right, didnt know that. like i said, it felt nice to handle on the stand, in real life, not a clue says I. i think i read on the buzz that bandit released something identical in '91 and then went bust before it went into full production? i might have got my wires crossed

it was GBT products. Greville, the head honcho seemed a genuinely nice bloke. He took the time to talk to a 21 year old lad (me) who isnt in business but one day would love to be. He's not far away so he said he'd demo me his single roller 7inch chipper that he designed with his brother. It does look a very nice machine, think its a bit on the heavy side though, anyway thats a whole other discussion.

I have met Greville - he is indeed a nice guy. A guy I subbed for had a demo of the same chipper. Not an amazing machine in all honesty but I liked the dude. He is obviously working very hard at getting his chipped business going.

Sorry this a bit off-thread.

Er - cabstar - how about an alpine magnum for a cheap and small stump grinder. If you buy the one with the husky power unit you gain a big saw as well.

• 1 year later...