pic request!

O.K, so Rupe, and thanks by the way, you made me think about this another way hence this comment!

Give me a controversial subject on a H&S matter relating to arboriculture?:001_smile:

I don't quite follow, but I could think of some subjects.... not quite sure what you mean by controversial.

Rigging is an important subject, but what is the contraversial part of it? I'm just curous is all.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

guess a lot of it boils down to the fact fulltimers are younger less experianced whereas online students tend to be older and wiser:001_rolleyes: (debatable wiser!)

you have a choice on assignments dont you? I have to pick a controversial subject, rigging is my choice, i must be mental!

There is that. We don't get much choice really. You have to do the work skills too then? We could choose a controversial issue too. I chose training and cpd. Worked out ok. Mine had to be in on the 10/3 though. Handing in my dendrology tomorrow!

The dendrology leaf collection assignment is worth 25% of the total module marks. Which for the amount of effort put in is unacceptable and has been complained about!

There is that. We don't get much choice really. You have to do the work skills too then? We could choose a controversial issue too. I chose training and cpd. Worked out ok. Mine had to be in on the 10/3 though. Handing in my dendrology tomorrow!

The dendrology leaf collection assignment is worth 25% of the total module marks. Which for the amount of effort put in is unacceptable and has been complained about!

i think you lot have an easier ride! we have serious hardcore theory and lots of it!

I think we have as much. Worst day is Thursday. Start at 9.15 for an hour on soils. Then 10.15-11-15 on plant biology. 11.30-12.15 seminar. 1-3 lab practical. Arb principles 3-5. Very theory filled. Can never take it all in!

I'm surprised that I am learning something though. How do the soils and plants modules work online? Are you given the results and then you write those up?

Is this any good? Its an oldy and probably a good example of cutting a section a little to big for the system

What was the outcome of that one?

16mm rope, double anchors, GRCS, looks to be on the limit but should be ok of the tree ( and groundie) is up to it??

What was the outcome of that one?

16mm rope, double anchors, GRCS, looks to be on the limit but should be ok of the tree ( and groundie) is up to it??

This was way before grcs. Bent the capstan, knackered bearing on pulley and scorched the rope. But then that groundy never could let it run!