A Weekend Away, Any Suggestions

Dean Lofthouse

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we do the smoke a couple of weekends a year, usually include a theatre visit along with other attractions... most of the museums are free entry, kew is worth a visit, avoid mme tussauds.... very expensive (27 a head) and frankly not worth it. we are tight so we use travel lodge near heathrow for the free parking, and bus and tube into the centre. only use the room for 6 hrs a night and out sight seeing the rest of the time. also enjoy scottish countryside but would only really do that if i had a week or more available.

I live nr london and spend most of my weekends in london so i stay up there a fair bit and get the train home on a sunday.

Iv stayed in that premier travel inn on the south bank nr the london eye a few times. Its pritty good really and its close to lots of attactions if your going to go to london go the the london dungens its v good.

If you go to london make sure you check out windsor its only 30min on train from london. good luck also try the premier travel inn nr kings cross and go to shoreditch best for bars.

Me and the wife had a weekend in London last summer, stayed in the Savoy and went to the Royal Opera House to see Rigoletto, dinner in china town, cocktails in the American bar of the Savoy, cost a packet , but we never went on holiday last year so thought i'd push the boat out.

Wife did a bit of shopping as well, you can get a good deal on top London hotel rooms if you get lucky.

That sounds like it's worth doing some flight browsing???

If you've never been, you gotta come over and check it out. NYC truly is larger than life. The City still trips me out, and I lived there for almost 5 years. The city that never sleeps......Plenty to do in 3-4 days. I might even jump on a train and come in and find ya.....or you could jump on a train and come out and find me. I'm about 30 mins out of NYC and 10 mins away from some puka beaches. In the City you have the Empire State, Statue of Liberty, Central Park carriage ride......and food from all over the world.

I have the same problem looming in May. I have done the London thing a few times , there is so much to see and do. Edinburgh is great too. How about some foreign island retreat? Isle of wight, Anglesey. My wife keeps on about Paris . Last time I offered to take her there she didn't want to go, now its top of the list.

Best of luck. ( just do what she wants, and smile)