Timberwolf feed roller problem

if the splines between the shaft and bottom roller were worn the roller would probably not turn when under any load.

does the shaft run through a bearing between the hyd motor and the body somewhere before the roller? could this have colapsed?

or perhaps theres a problem with the opposite end to the motor - where the roller revolves on the cup sitting in a recess within the hexagonal body of the roller, theres a plastic cusion which is / should be lubed with grease when you grease the rollers.

if this is worn - maybe metal-metal contact explaining the nast noise and it getting better when you grease it?

sorry - pure uneducated guess work, and i have no idea of the technical terms.

I had the screech noise on one with 100 hours on.

When you grease a timberwolf roller, the grease travels to the bearing/bush on the grease nipple side then through a hole in the middle of the roller to the bush/bearing on the other side.

You have to make sure you pump enough grease in and make sure the grease reaches the far bearing. You can tell it's gone through because when you start pumping grease in, the grease will first push the roller away from the brease nipple side, then when it reaches the other bearing it will force the roller back again toward the grease nipple, couple of pumps more and your there

Sometimes, if it isn't greased regularly the grease hardens a little and it's hard getting it right through.

I had the bottom roller out on a new TW and couldn't find the screeching problem, however, when I cleaned the hole through the shaft out and blasted it with grease it dissappeared

The mis-alignment (if the bearings/bushes are ok) sounds like the bit of play in the securing bolt holes.

Edited by Dean Lofthouse

i had a similar problem on my tw190 when i had it , i ended up changing the green polly bushes on both rolers and the bottom spline adaptor which solved the problem . have you looked on the side of the roler box beside the bottom and top rolers to see if the rolers have cut into the sides of it ?? that should give you a good indication as to which roler is not level . also i would reccomend new springs to keep the reed rolers tensioned as well because if one side is weaker than the other then you will put more pressure to one side of the rolers which will result in the same problem in another 500 hours or so .

:thumbup:I knew someone would come along with the correct terms - bushes!:thumbup:

as Dean said the hole running through the roller body gets full of muck or fouled grease and eventually stops the new grease penetrating through to the poly buhes.:001_rolleyes: