forwarding trailer

nice crane ,i think the stearing draw bar great, trailer can almost take the same tracks as the tractor when turning tight and very helpful for getting extra reach does me good on thinning areas and getting round chestnut coppice stumps,have fun with your new toy when it fixed and get your practice in with it sort of bit of kit that takes lots of hours to get good and up to speed on:001_smile:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how do you mount your controls mate? we had a frame made up that goes on 3 point linkage that of set the controls to one side good if your seat can turn a bit to.best situation would be a seat that turns right round as you will find out when you get a stiff neck and back from twisting in seat,apart from that i find it a fun job my trailer called a 10 tonne trailer but can only get 3-4 tonne on it how much do you think you get on yours:001_smile: ,

I havn't really got organised yet , at the moment I clamp the controls where the rear window was and then kneel on the tractor seat. I notice on Youtube that some have a seat mounted above the trailer draw bar, but that would mean getting out of the cab every time . I think I have had about 3 ton on it but it was less than half full.

dsc00143k.jpg

We have a bracket that sits in place of the top link. The PTO pump has a bit mounted on it that holds part of the bracket that in tern hold the controls. The bloke from the NPTC didn't like our set up that the controls weren't in the cab and the rear window wasn't guarded.

Steering drawbar v. useful especially with negotiating tight turning ie getting out of end of thinning row onto ride or similar situation as above with view to side of trailer when loading , also with reversing it is amazing what you can do using system, please be careful to centre the trailer before using on road !! you can guess the rest, most trailers have a pin to lock the trailer when in road transport mode , ram cost seems a little high for repair poss worth getting 2nd opinion, good luck

• 3 weeks later...