1st message hope it works

hippydan

Hi Everyone

After 5 years of working for someone else i have decided to take on a few private jobs. I went to FR Jones and spoke to jonsie about kit, i also asked him about insurance and he recommended that i register here and ask for some help. My concern is that initially i might only do 1 day a week and insurnace is looking expensive.

Public is not too bad but employers seems very steep. Do i require full employers? the insurance companies seem to think so but they might have other interests at heart other than whats best for me (perhaps i am just a cynic)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Regards Dan

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

you are totally right - hopefully i can keep advertising costs fairly low cos everything else is going to clear me out but i realise how important it is to get your name out there. Do you still need employers if you employ someone as a Sub contractor? I have no idea.

Thanks for your help

welcome to the world of self employment mate, dont want to sound harsh but being employed is like having a comfort blanket compared to going it alone. you will have to dig deep and spend your pennies before you see any return, the complete opposite of working for someone else. good luck, and i would try the guys on the side for some cover.

bear in mind, you can take out limited employers liability(thats probably not the correct term so dont phone up and ask for that), like i have.......i am a freelance climber but do the odd job here and there where i need help........i have a policy that covers me for employing a man for up to 50 days of the year. this could save you quite a bit of money to start off with