Would you climb these???

Frank

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, my assessment was they would be fine to climb,but certainly no rigging. Not 100% sure of integrity, so not worth risking shifting weight by taking limbs off, so throw line up and bang the winch on. Getting felled next week.

Was just interested in others thoughts / experiences with fire damaged trees. How much damage would cause timber to harden and how much would cause it to go brittle?? etc etc.

I'd say there was surely less than 30% sound wood holding these up.

In this sheltered position I guess its hard to use the old rule if they havent blown down by now they would be fairly safe for a carefull ascent and section fell. However the best option is always going to be the one that does not involve climbing, work at hieght regs.

Yeah, sorry mate, I wasnt asking for opinions as to wether I should climb them or not, I was merely interested in others thoughts on structural integrity etc etc.

They will be getting felled from the deck towards the lawn.