tree flex harness

monkey boy

Hiya mate, i use the tree flex harness, i think its pritty good to be honest. i know its had a few mixed reveiws with some people but i get on with it just fine, although it does have some sag issue's but the thing is just play about with it to get the settings just right for you.

Do you have one already or you thinking of buying one?

Hope this helps mate.:001_smile:

I've got one and tbh I think there rubbish:thumbdown:

The only reason I still use it is because I'm too tight to buy a different one and I got 13 years out of my willans so this one isnt getting off lightly:sneaky2:

Will probably be the death of me though!

If they completely redesigned it it would probably be ok ish.:001_tongue:

I love mine, but TBH buying a harness is like buying clothes, what suits one person may not suit another. The TF is a light harness with relatively narrow leg loops and so is perhaps not the best for the larger climber, however for a tree whippet like me its great.:001_smile:

I love mine, but TBH buying a harness is like buying clothes, what suits one person may not suit another. The TF is a light harness with relatively narrow leg loops and so is perhaps not the best for the larger climber, however for a tree whippet like me its great.:001_smile:

You can get a bosun style clip-on for the TreeFlex now. You may have a point about a climbers size, I couldn't get on with my Treemotion and went back to the TreeFlex.

The hexafoam padding is so comfy and incredibly hard wearing.

The shape of the back pad is awesome and if worn correctly does not nip at all and lets you breath on those stretchy pruning jobs.

The waist straps do slip from time to time, but there are minor fixings that can sort this out.

The shackle terminations are interchangeable and you can get creative with your bridge.

The d's are floppy but again this can be easily remedied.

SRT READY!:001_smile:

If you have a smaller frame you might like the petzl sequoia.

• Like 1

I've got one and tbh I think there rubbish:thumbdown:

The only reason I still use it is because I'm too tight to buy a different one and I got 13 years out of my willans so this one isnt getting off lightly:sneaky2:

Will probably be the death of me though!

If they completely redesigned it it would probably be ok ish.:001_tongue:

Why do you think that the TreeFlex is 'rubbish'?:confused1:

It's not polite to poo-poo a design so easily....and besides, you are wrong.

Why do you think that the TreeFlex is 'rubbish'?

It's not polite to poo-poo a design so easily....and besides, you are wrong.

Yeah I suppose I should of put a bit more effort into my post and explained, sry:blushing:

Well here goes.

1.From the start it was a jacobs crushing bit of a nightmare, but for some reason it isnt now:confused1: Dunno why, I dont think my man tonsils have shrunken!

2. The bridge is a poor design imo. The metal ring that your krab clips into will ride over the shackles that hold the bridge to the harness and jam there. Not good while branch walking and twisting etc.

3. Because of the problem above the screw things that hold the bridge to the harness came undo on mine.IIRC the harness was less than 6 months old when I noticed the screw had came undo and was on the last thread. This was after I had been sectioning done a tree, OK wasnt a big one but a fall from 30-40 feet would have done me no good at all! Wasnt a nice feeling when I spotted it while removing the harness I can tell you.(since has been lock threaded and tightened to death).

4. Stupidly designed side D's that are always folded over with one of the adjusting straps flapping about in the way while your trying to clip in.

5. For some reason the adjusting straps for the bridge seem to work there way loose every now and then so need checking and adjusting all the time.

6. The harness feels like its about to fall off when you have a big saw hanging from it so you have to tighten it up and keep it tight.

7. One of the tool clips decided to just snap sending my 020 straight to the deck. Luckily was only about 10-15 feet iirc up and didnt damage the saw but more luckily didnt hit the groundie who was underneath not long before!

Thats about it I think for the bad points.

Good points are that,

1. Well it looks nice.

2. Its light(although I would rather it weighed another half a kilo and was made of better material)

3. It can be comfy and does offer better flex ability than a sit harness.

I wont buy another and wont recommend it to anyone else I'm affraid.

Pity, it could be good with a few mods and stronger material but then again I dont design them I just use them. Dunno who did the R&D but I doubt they did much actual tree work in it.

If anyone suggests that the above can be prevented by modifying this or changing that or checking it thoroughly every 5 mins then they can have a virtual slap from me I'm afraid:001_tongue:

A piece of vital equipment like a harness thats in use all the time and needs to perform constantly should be very well designed, tough and fail proof.

Obviously only my opinions and I doubt anyone has bothered to read this far so :slug:

(I like that smiley)

good job you diddnt have one of the early ones with the faulty stitching on the bridge mesterh, youd have crusified it even more!! mine had the bridge and shackel recall just in time-tineyst bit of shock loading and it would have failed

its an ok harness . . . as a spare