hedge trimming

armchairarborist

without turning this thread into a 'i've got less money than you' debate.. i really could do with a year of spending less and working 7day weeks, but the kombisystem is sooo nice and would do loads of hardwork and make so much money, SLAP..NO! no way, mustn't....spend.....money...:bash:

c'mon, just do it, and find a justification later :lol:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that Stihl's combi tools are not the cheapest, but how many hours do you need to save, to justify the expense of (£650 ex)...

KM 130 R engine

KM-HL 135° hedge trimmer

KombiTools - Catalogue - STIHL

They are great, and good to work with. But it's difficult not to be tempted to buy other tools for the system (blower, brush cutter, pole pruner)

Exactly what I bought, and the 1m carbon fibre extension.

Easily paid for itself in it's first season.

Go on.......

:thumbup:

I use the HT75 with hedge trimmer attachment bolted on, some jobs are just impossible without it

Thats what I use, got two, one with a trimmer and one with a saw head for heavier stuff but I disagree with 'impossible without it'. When you first start off without a pot to wee in a pair of shears will still get the job done. Save a few quid from each job towards a hedge trimmer and bobs yer uncle.

but I disagree with 'impossible without it'. When you first start off without a pot to wee in a pair of shears will still get the job done.

Very few are impossible Mick but not without risking being badly injured and Mr Smiths hedge and a couple of hundred quid just isnt worth a life :001_rolleyes:

I can show you plenty of jobs I have on my books that ARE impossible without :001_smile:

I wish digital camera's had been about when I started out on my own. I laugh about it now but I spose I'm lucky to be alive considering the jobs I took on without proper kit. I would always improvise until I'd saved enough to buy the right gear. My first climbing kit consisted of a rock climbing harness, a train towing rope to climb on(brother in law worked on trains and nicked it for me) sash cord for prussiks and two steel screw gates......:lol: