Mine are huge !!

Dean Lofthouse

How is the drive attached to the rollers on the bandit dean?

The motor is connected directly to the end of the roller shaft via a tapered sleeve, so the motor sit in free air so to speak, the motor body is then prevented from turning by a steel plate with a slot in ........................I'll take a photo later and put it on so you can see.

American stuff is well over engineered, the down side of that for a supplier/service outfit is that the spares and service work is few and far between. Getting the balance between longevity and planned obselecense is key, you want/need service work but not too much to make the client mad:sneaky2:

But... are these 65's still choking on deadwood? I ws going to get one as my previous chipper was a vermeer and completely over engineered. I watched a review on the 65 and it was dying with bits of deadwood.

As promised photo showing roller motor mounting on the bandit, it is attached via a tapered sleeve as a "floating" motor, the motor is prevented from turning by the plate mounted to the face of the motor as shown in the pic

That is a good and simple situation, however there is a minor problem. The stator in the hydraulic motor, like all others is held in with nothing more than a circlip.

With the motor in that setup the circlip can wear through and the motor literally falls apart. It happened to me and spewed oil all over a clients drive, cost me pennies to mend the chipper and hundreds to re block the drive.

But... are these 65's still choking on deadwood? I ws going to get one as my previous chipper was a vermeer and completely over engineered. I watched a review on the 65 and it was dying with bits of deadwood.

It got better as it aged but it still doesn't like deadwood and sycamore isn't brilliant but it copes. I can put up with the deadwood bit as a compomised for it's good points