GQ Harness ??????

bob

Yes its a HB special they came out mid to late 90's as a competetor of the Komet range sliding D's etc. It wasnt a bad harness but the sliding D's were too small and with cold wet hands they were a pain in the backside. One of the training providers i used to work for had one aerial rescue was also a pain. If i'm not mistaken is that the one from the same training provider Bob i cant remember seeing another like it anywhere.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes its a HB special they came out mid to late 90's as a competetor of the Komet range sliding D's etc. It wasnt a bad harness but the sliding D's were too small and with cold wet hands they were a pain in the backside. One of the training providers i used to work for had one aerial rescue was also a pain. If i'm not mistaken is that the one from the same training provider Bob i cant remember seeing another like it anywhere.

No its not

that one is still in use:confused1:

had a guy in it the other week who loved it and when we talked about suitable equipment choice i was undecided whether or not to fail him:biggrin:

Ok fellas if its old harnesses still in use

behold the honey brothers GT circa 1983 my first harness, when i moaned as i had one with padding at college they got me the bright orange alternative with padding, which i also still have, im conviced they will both survive a nuclia war unlike my spine climbing in it.

as a grumpy old man id just like to say you lads dont know your bon wiht ya arm chair harnessesss ahhhhhhhh.

LOLER 3 DAY ppt97.ppt.jpg

what do you think chaps

kev

ps jim is on the money i think it was the pro 2000, came across a few where extra rings had been welded on.... as for the first sliding d, there were a derth of them in the erly 90's but lets not forget the frst dedicated tree harness recorded at the mo is 1903 in the usa

kev

I would love to get one of these again any one know where?? I agree the old harnesses were rock hard they seem to be built to last and not to be comfy, ideal for sitting on top of a hedge all day, i'll be ripped to shreds but the old girl never gets caught up or worn out.

I would love to get one of these again any one know where?? I agree the old harnesses were rock hard they seem to be built to last and not to be comfy, ideal for sitting on top of a hedge all day, i'll be ripped to shreds but the old girl never gets caught up or worn out.

I have got two of them, both used but only taken out of service because of age, been stored in a dry plastic box so not rotten, was going to put on ebay, pm me if interested.

• 1 year later...