what logo would be acceptable

Ben Tidey

hi all just after some thorts, i am a climber that works for a few diferent companies and i like to where my own comfortable clothes as normallythey just suppy manky old jumpers and t's or nothing. i wont to get my own cloths printed up to show what i am, but because im working for different people i cant have specific advertising what would be acceptable to have written on it????

i dont wear my works tshirts when climbing for other firms, cant see that they would be happy about me advertising my buissness when im representing theirs. if im not supplied a tshirt then i just wear a plain berghaus/northface/hellyhanson lightweight technical top

saying that i turn up in a signwritten truck

depends if they know you well enough if you just sole contract climb or if you do other work as and when, if so maybe lose the number might be worth talking to them as they are the guys who will be seeing it. What colours do they all wear maybe try to get something similar to blend in ie if majority of the companies are certain colours go that way too

i dont wear my works tshirts when climbing for other firms, cant see that they would be happy about me advertising my buissness when im representing theirs. if im not supplied a tshirt then i just wear a plain berghaus/northface/hellyhanson lightweight technical top

saying that i turn up in a signwritten truck

Not aimed at you John, but this is a really good example of why "subbies" are not sub contractors!! If you can't advertise your business because you are "representing theirs" then you are an employee for the day.

This ties in with what I have been sayign all along regards insurance etc. You are employees for the day, must be covered by EL. and therefore by PL.

Sorry to derail!!

mmmm...If you are just turning up as a climber to work with / for other company then no way should you be advertising your number etc . I would tell the climber to get his t-shirt off and put something else on.

But if you are working as a fully set-up business with van etc and are sent to another job to do..then i think its ok ..as you are 100% doing the job and have full responsibility on site.