Buying Trees

Len B

Hi there - I'm new to the site and trying to gather information. I'm a cricket bat maker based near Brighton and I'm looking to buy salix alba caerulea trees, does anybody know any farms that sell these trees? I know there are some out there, however finding the details is very difficult.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Len

7 hours ago, Len B said:

Hi there - I'm new to the site and trying to gather information. I'm a cricket bat maker based near Brighton and I'm looking to buy salix alba caerulea trees, does anybody know any farms that sell these trees? I know there are some out there, however finding the details is very difficult.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Len

Are you looking to buy harvestable trees or cuttings to plant?

On 19/07/2024 at 20:01, richyrich said:

Are you looking to buy harvestable trees or cuttings to plant?

Morning mate - looking to buy mature tree's ideally, but also interested in cuttings to plant.

• Like 1

On 19/07/2024 at 16:21, woody paul said:

You will find most if not all are grown on contract, you may find odd ones that aren't. 

JS Wright is one of the biggest cleft suppliers in East anglia. Maybe worth a try. 

Thanks mate - JS are so big they want work with a small company like me which is the main reason to break into the market to buying the trees, it's challenging.

I might have cuttings available in winter - year old ones though, not the long ones that you generally see 'planted'. It seems to be the favoured method, although I think smaller would potentially be better although possibly more labour intensive.. I know why they put long ones in- supposed to be straighter, etc. However I've seen some slightly crooked ones lately..Take more effort to plant as well..

18 hours ago, richyrich said:

I might have cuttings available in winter - year old ones though, not the long ones that you generally see 'planted'. It seems to be the favoured method, although I think smaller would potentially be better although possibly more labour intensive.. I know why they put long ones in- supposed to be straighter, etc. However I've seen some slightly crooked ones lately..Take more effort to plant as well..

That would be amazing thank you mate.  Shall we take the conversation offline and discuss?