190 not working

Mega

Hi,

I have Timberwolf 190 (not turbo) 2004 model. 
It has always been a bit temperamental to start but a couple of turns of the key normally get it running and runs well once going,

in the past year I have changed the starter motor had a new key barrel fitted and always kept up with the servicing and general maintenance of the machine.

yesterday I had small piece of wood stuck just before the feed rollers so I turned the machine off and removed the wood,

I then tried to restart but it would not fire up, I’ve checked the sensors cleaned them all and refitted, I have tried the battery this has a full charge, 

occasionally when turning the key it give the clicking noise while the warm up light goes out but then just clicks and then goes dead and doesn’t seem to have any power at all ( the warm up light is not even lighting up now) I’ve tried tapping the starter motor to see if this release it but nothing,

the battery is always connected to a altermeter so a to keep constant charge in the battery,

at this moment I’m at a loss,

I never waited for the engine to cool down before turning off but turned the revs down not sure if this is what has caused the issue,

any advice would be greatly appreciated 

thanks in advance 

Kubota I assume, if it's always been like that I'd start at the battery as it's usually connected directly to the engine block.

If you have a jumper cable take negative directly from the battery to the engine block and see if it works better.

Could be as simple as a poor cable/terminal or just a duff battery.

Edited by GarethM

There's a sensor that ensures you can't start it with the chute up. See pic. Ignore red arrow. The little bolt (black circle)

It can get dirty or need adjusting to make connection. Might not be that at all. But worth checking 

Screenshot_20240714_170011_Print Spooler.jpg

Just been out disconnected the earth leads from the block and to the battery cleaned ( sanded down reconnected and boom all working, 

thanks so much for the info, wished I’d asked you all earlier would have saved myself a lot of stress and work,👍👍👍👍👍😀😀

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, woody paul said:

Without good earth nothing will work. 

Sorted now thank you, 

on the plus side I’ve cleaned all sensors and now know some valuable info if it happens again👍👍

• Like 1