sean

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nion

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

This article contains Ogham text. Without proper rendering support, you may see question marks, boxes, or other symbols instead of Ogham letters.

Ogham letters

Aicme Beithe Aicme Muine

ᚁ Beith ᚋ Muin

ᚂ Luis ᚌ Gort

ᚃ Fearn ᚍ nGéadal

ᚄ Sail ᚎ Straif

ᚅ Nion ᚏ Ruis

Aicme hÚatha Aicme Ailme

ᚆ Uath ᚐ Ailm

ᚇ Dair ᚑ Onn

ᚈ Tinne ᚒ Úr

ᚉ Coll ᚓ Eadhadh

ᚊ Ceirt ᚔ Iodhadh

Forfeda

ᚕ Éabhadh

ᚖ Ór

ᚗ Uilleann

ᚘ Ifín ᚚ Peith

ᚙ Eamhancholl

Nion is the Irish name of the fifth letter of the Ogham alphabet, ᚅ

dont know what happened here but that isnt what I coppied from wiki!

Not sure ourselfs too. His name came about due to time/place/people we spoke to around the time of his 5 wk prem birth. Fitted our head space at the time. No access to computers & wiki then. Thought that counts:biggrin:

Fraxinus excelsior. Seeds are known as keys there are 6000 seeds to the Lb these need to be put in boxes of sand and put in the ground for 18 months this is called stratification, can be speeded up by putting in the fridge.

Fraxinus excelsior pendula the weeping ash if you plant these seeds they revert back to the common ash you can only grow these by taking cuttings and grafting onto a common ash root stock:001_smile:

No Ash thread would be complete without the appearance of the "big one".........

Perennioporia fraxinea, apart from Man, the Ashs greatest nemesis

Here on Poplar and then 2 seperate Ash.

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/fungi-pictures/6233-perenniporia-fraxinea.html

P7020016.JPG.6ed028cde28406e95ef694751306696b.JPG

DSC05341.JPG.a7e76e898446e66a3e508ec1fbaff4a8.JPG

DSC01075.JPG.d0fd65d23074439abe2fbf34128a484a.JPG

Edited by Monkey-D

No Ash thread would be complete without the appearance of the "big one".........

Perennioporia fraxinea, apart from Man, the Ashs greatest nemesis

Here on Poplar and then 2 seperate Ash.

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/fungi-pictures/6233-perenniporia-fraxinea.html

Its funny isnt it...you say that and yet I rarely if ever see it on ash unless I am out of the area.(I rarely if ever see it then:001_smile: ) Good to see pics as always D.

I reckon to see plenty Daldenia and the heart rotter Sean posted up Innonotus ( simultaeneous rot ). Provenence at work eh. Could be climate related or tree stock generated (genetics ) or more likely I s'pose, a complex matrix of inter-related factors. Nevertheless, it does seem a regional preference is discernible:001_cool:

Its funny isnt it...you say that and yet I rarely if ever see it on ash unless I am out of the area.(I rarely if ever see it then:001_smile: ) Good to see pics as always D.

I reckon to see plenty Daldenia and the heart rotter Sean posted up Innonotus ( simultaeneous rot ). Provenence at work eh. Could be climate related or tree stock generated (genetics ) or more likely I s'pose, a complex matrix of inter-related factors. Nevertheless, it does seem a regional preference is discernible:001_cool:

"greatest nemesis" added for theatrical effect Tim :001_smile:

Man knows what he sees, and if he only strides the same territory from his cave, then that's what I come to know.

• 2 months later...