Quad trailer for IBC cages

Muddy42

2 hours ago, openspaceman said:

Can you weigh a fresh one?

Unfortunately not got a scale.

My forklift can lift 1.3 ton, not overloaded but definitely knows it's there so around 900kg

15 minutes ago, Stihl123 said:

there we go, that's a cube of freshly processed ash

that weight includes the ibc cage

20231230_190106.jpg

And no picture of the actual cage, you said yours was 50% air

I fill mine to the absolute gunnels, double stacked and let the stiff breeze work it's magic.

Whilst I'm not disputing your scales, I don't think I'm far off my estimation, it might be somewhere in the middle as two guys can't slide a dried one on a concrete floor.

15 hours ago, GarethM said:

As you've already got a manitou, why not just buy a cheap semi scrap 3/4 ton agri trailer.

They have large tyres, dual axle would be preferable to spread the weight and a 4 ton would get atleast 4 at a time.

Anything road trailer wise will get stuck very quickly as they're like lawn tractor tyres.

The manitou is rubbish off road, that's why I need the quad trailer.

17 hours ago, GarethM said:

An IBC cages of firewood will weigh about the same as one filled with water when unseasoned.

All logs contain a percentage of water as they dry.  So an IBC of logs contains water, wood and air gaps.  Wood and air are lighter than water, meaning an IBC of logs must be lighter than one containing water, assuming both filled to the brim.  You can dispute the percentage water of a log and the amount of air gaps, but it doesn't make any difference to this.

• Like 1