Deeply fissured and waxyish leaf .. poplar ?

Hey guys

another tree here I cant identify, its a tremendous tree and deeply fissured, kinda grows all contorted.type of hazel or poplar, im just saying poplar as the leafs flutter. The bark also exposes a deep redish brown when flaked off 

any ideas ?

IMG_1252.jpeg

IMG_1251.jpeg

IMG_1250.jpeg

IMG_1249.jpeg

IMG_1248.jpeg

IMG_1247.jpeg

IMG_1246.jpeg

Thanks for the super fast reply ! Doesn’t goat willow have catkins this time of year ? I only ask because ive been identifying another type of tree as goat willow over the past month, it has catkins with feathery hairs and black tips

Thanks for the super fast reply ! Doesn’t goat willow have catkins this time of year ? I only ask because ive been identifying another type of tree as goat willow over the past month, it has catkins with feathery hairs and black tips

i dont mean to insult by the way, just trying to learn

Some do have catkins not paided much attention to them , maybes this ones  having a yr off?

Wonder if the other tree you ID'd was really a willow got a picture?

Many other trees also have catkins.

• Like 1

I dont annoyingly … theres a very good chance that im getting confused and this tree is indeed the same as the other goat Willows that I've identified .. I will need to go and have a look at some point … have you got any clear indicator that you saw and was like .. “yep … goat willow” 

Because it looks like one 🙂

The bark and leaves shape /grown habit.

EN.WIKIPEDIA.ORG

Its the same for trees can also tell/guess most times  at a distance speciees  ID sometimes just from tree outlines growth habit location colour of foilage or bark in winter etc.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, MRRELAXATION said:

I dont annoyingly … theres a very good chance that im getting confused and this tree is indeed the same as the other goat Willows that I've identified .. I will need to go and have a look at some point … have you got any clear indicator that you saw and was like .. “yep … goat willow” 

The others could be Grey Willow or Grey/Goat hybrid . very slight differences . 

• Like 1