Husqvarna 45 oil tank vent

Andysp

13 minutes ago, Andysp said:

Hi,could someone please tell me where the vent is located?

Do you mean fuel tank or oil tank?

If it's oil then I think you have to split the body but some models have vent caps...

Edited by Botty Cough

Saw stopped oiling, dismantled the oil pump cleaned everything cheaked for wear and all is grand, cleaned tank cleaned oil filter in tank rebuilt and still not oiling.Before I packed up today had the pump out yet again I took the rubber that has the filter on it out,the  hole thats left I presume the chain oil should be pouring out that hole but its not.This is why I thought about the cap.

So just clean the filter and push the pipe back into the tank, check the metal gear on the crank is still an interference on the crank and not spinning on it, check the plastic gear on the pump shaft itself, the slots should be straight and even through its length, to create a pump action the shaft needs to have a throw ( move back and forth as well as rotate ) this is achieved by an eccentric in the nylon part of the pump shaft, this runs on a metal pin in the pump housing, is the pin there? if you assemble the pump in your hand and rotate with your finger is there a throw? assuming all of this is ok, it will pump. If you are going to run the saw with no bar and chain attached leave the clutch and sprocket off.

• Like 1