Fully enclosed tippers

Robbinson

Hello everyone I’m wondering if this product already exists or if someone may be able to point me in the right direction. I’m looking at purchasing a new vehicle. Something that can act as secure as a van but can also tip. I predominantly do stump grinding and so which ever back I go for must be lockable and secure for the days I’m stump grinding with all machines and tools in the back as I currently run with my van. However I also undertake the odd bit of tree work and hedge work etc. I would love a vehicle that can act as both so I don’t have to tow a trailer everywhere that can tip and also have someone else to tow the chipper. Obviously limited with a van at the moment which is perfect for stumps but not good for moving large amounts of waste without the trailer. So ultimately it has to be an enclosed tipper truck that I can chip into when needed but also act like the back of a normal van when needed. (Lights in the back, locks, big barn doors etc, ladder rack on top) is this out of the question what I’m looking for or not? 

cheers people 

It's not out of the question to fabricate the remaining roof section and add lockable barn doors, but to my mind something like that would say to the criminals 'something worth stealing kept inside'

a panel van can get broken into too, but imo a panel van and a tipper is better than one does it all tipping van,

I have 2 panel vans and a tipper, gardening, trees, hedges - I don't make a fortune, but the extra road tax and insurances are worth it for me to know I've got somewhere for gear and something to clear arisings, mine are all old and MOTs can be dear, but I don't have much capital tied up in them, or finance to worry about. 

DVSA were making noises a few years ago about new legislation regarding cargo nets/tarps on loose loads. Enclosing a tipper may not be a bad shout, only problem I can see would be the swirling of chip when blowing into a closed off box body, could get messy.

Bob

I did see one with a fine mesh in the roof that had a Ali trap door over it to open while chipping so the wind could escape. 
can’t comment on how well it worked as only looked at it out of work but the principal made sense to me. 

Edited by Will C

Just now, Will C said:

I did see one with a fine mesh in the roof that had a Ali trap door over it to open while chipping so the wind could escape. 
can’t comment on how well it worked as only looked at it out of work but the principal made sense to me.