Help.. Im new here

Hello. 

I work in a primary school and I googled how to get free wood chippings and i was directed to this site! However, I now don't have a clue what I'm doing on here. 

Basically we would like to improve our school with access to more areas in the wetter weather and hoping to use bark chippings to offer some paths to more areas. We have no money to spend on this, hence looking at free chippings. 

Can anyone help me in the right direct of how to advertise the fact we would accept wood chippings?

Thanks in advance. 

Amy 

3 hours ago, GarethM said:

Probably not a bad idea to ask the parents, no doubt they'll be a tree surgeon and possibly even a farmer with equipment including a loader that you can encourage to help.

Yup, I'd go with this too. Google street view would suggest you have 400-ish pupils? plenty of trees, and a reasonably affluent area (well, no bunt out mattresses and cars on the drives), within your school I'd bet someone has used a tree surgeon in the last few years and someone might be planning to do so in the next couple - so put a note around the school with what you are looking for and you never know. Farmers in the area but also saw a riding centre - perhaps give them a call, they might have a contact too.

Ever thought about taking in big logs too for a 'wild play area'? If you are getting chippings, might get some wood as well if you ask.