poorly stihl br 350 blower.

carlos

• 2 weeks later...

well i took it all apart, probably ragged up the gaskets and as usual i didnt really know what i was looking for, so iam thinking carb kit or whole new carb, they dont seem to expensive so is it easier to just fit a whole new carb?

thanks carl 

• 5 weeks later...

well i fitted a carb kit and gave it blow out, not really that up on carbs though.

it still isnt right though, it runs for a couple of seconds with the choke on then flick choke off and it runs  for a few seconds, after about 5min of this carry on and a load of primer bulb pushing it seems to run and function as normal!! any ideas. thanks carl

After running normally, does it start and run normally? If so I suggest a celebration, perhaps with alcohol, some nibbles and perhaps cheese.

If it doesn't, perhaps do the alcohol and then when sober, double check the gauze strainer in the carb or replace it, check/replace the fuel filter, check the fuel line, remove the H&L screws and get a bit of cleaner down them and go from there. Make sure you note how many clockwise turns the H&L screw take to bed before removing them so you can reset them correctly. 

You may also find that if you undo the H&L screws by 1/2 turn, it may resolve your issues.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, carlos said:

well i tried it this evening and it started and ran perfectly!

but ive not had many things fix themselves so i shall try your ideas if i need too.

thanks carl

I would have the alcohol and nibbles then try it in your own garden rather than looking a right tit in front of a customer. You may just have cleared a bit of shyte or freed up a check valve - a good old run up will prove if it is sorted or not - hopefully all is good.