Arb waste processors

Jack Taylor-Day

I have no experience with the fuelwood splitter 400, but Dalen 2054 and Duun firewood processors are very popular here.

DALEN.NO

The 2054 wood machine is an all-hydraulic machine that places high demands on efficiency, functionality and ease of use.
WWW.DUUN.NO

From handling the logs with the timber grab, to feeding the Duun firewood processor and dispatching the finished...

I had a hakki pilke 1x37 for several years. I'd say it was pretty good for arb waste but only due to the fact that the guarding was minimal and easily removed. The later models are a different animal I believe. Choose a machine which is easily accessible as you will spend a fair amount of time maneuovering pieces and having to straighten up bits in the splitter bay compared to cutting poles.

• Like 2

As my other post on your Arb waste question - I use a JAPA 700 which as a circular saw blade. It has minimum guarding(not sure of later models?) can hold smaller bits to convert or process long strait pieces. It’s manual feeding with no feed belt like the bigger plate and chain processors. Good intro model and most importantly cheaper🤔

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dan blocker said:

As my other post on your Arb waste question - I use a JAPA 700 which as a circular saw blade. It has minimum guarding(not sure of later models?) can hold smaller bits to convert or process long strait pieces. It’s manual feeding with no feed belt like the bigger plate and chain processors. Good intro model and most importantly cheaper🤔

Most definitely not an arb waste machine tho. You can barely squeeze a ring bigger than 9" down into the splitting chamber. Then the splitter ram power is pretty low, max 5.6 tonne ish. Dalen 2054 is the kiddy.

14 hours ago, Whoppa Choppa said:

Most definitely not an arb waste machine tho. You can barely squeeze a ring bigger than 9" down into the splitting chamber. Then the splitter ram power is pretty low, max 5.6 tonne ish. Dalen 2054 is the kiddy.

Have a Splitfire PTO hydraulic splitter for rings. Only process 20/30 tonnes a year so 9 or 10 max on straight timber works for me. Unless there’s some lift equipment on the job it’s all hand ball and for me that generally means anything above 10” gets ringed up, I’m done with gut wrenching lifting competitions -I’ll leave that to the young uns🤔

Edited by dan blocker
Spelling
  • Like 1