House boats with wood burners targeted.

Ty Korrigan

When we had vandalism in our wood Police were happy to use photos from our trail cameras. Didn't get to court as offenders identified and parents paid for damage and youngsters wrote individual apologies. They still had a visit from the law pointing out how lucky they were not to end up in court.

Used to be that if it was a fixed camera you could request any footage that you appeared in, not sure how that goes with temporary cameras but I suspect that that rule still applies to them. So I guess you need to have the information of where to ask for the footage as well. 

As for fires, I can have a bonfire in the garden with any old wet rubbish, so long as the neighbour doesn't have washing out I'd be OK. Bring it 15m, and into the house and well..... Slightly off topic, I know a steam roller owner who'd had a bust gasket and had to stop on the road outside a house to make repairs. Anyway householder came out to complain when he was building his (smokeless fuel) fire up again - the kindling was making smoke! I think his answer was "Well, I'll put the fire out and camp here for the night then". A bit of acceptance can go a long way sometimes. He could have camped out on the verge and made his dinner on a wet campfire waving at the householder who could do nothing then!