Big up for Crocky ( Mark )

Stubby

A couple of months ago I sent my 395XP of to Mark for him to work his magic . It came back last week just in time for me to enter the chainsaw race at Wests Wood Fair in East Dean . There are two guys that always end up battling it out for the prize ( sponsored by DM Chainsaws ) . Simon is an old mate of mine and the other guy is Wayne who I don't really know . Simon said I should have ago just for fun so I took the freshly ported 395XP fitted with a 13" bar and 8 pin sprocket and had a go .  The " log " is a 9"x9"  bit of Douglass or Grandis and you have to make 3 cuts within a 6" lenght . So obviously 1 down , 1 up and the last down again . The saw performed like a total champ but was let down by me the 70 year old half crippled pensioner ! The first down ( pulling ) cut was faster visibly than anyone else . The second up cut ( pushing ) I did not have the upper body strength to keep it fully in the wood so did not cut right through ! I probably would have been better off with a 15" or even an 18" bar . ( next year ) So in short  Crockey  is a weapons grade wizard when it comes to porting and I only wish I could have done him justice . It was generally noted by the top guys that a fully fit 30 year old me would have pissed it with that saw . @Crocky

Edited by Stubby
  • Like 15

4 hours ago, Stubby said:

A couple of months ago I sent my 395XP of to Mark for him to work his magic . It came back last week just in time for me to enter the chainsaw race at Wests Wood Fair in East Dean . There are two guys that always end up battling it out for the prize ( sponsored by DM Chainsaws ) . Simon is an old mate of mine and the other guy is Wayne who I don't really know . Simon said I should have ago just for fun so I took the freshly ported 395XP fitted with a 13" bar and 8 pin sprocket and had a go .  The " log " is a 9"x9"  bit of Douglass or Grandis and you have to make 3 cuts within a 6" lenght . So obviously 1 down , 1 up and the last down again . The saw performed like a total champ but was let down by me the 70 year old half crippled pensioner ! The first down ( pulling ) cut was faster visibly than anyone else . The second up cut ( pushing ) I did not have the upper body strength to keep it fully in the wood so did not cut right through ! I probably would have been better off with a 15" or even an 18" bar . ( next year ) So in short  Crockey  is a weapons grade wizard when it comes to porting and I only wish I could have done him justice . It was generally noted by the top guys that a fully fit 30 year old me would have pissed it with that saw . @Crocky

Thanks @Stubby. Really appreciate the feedback and glad you had fun with it. They’re an awesome saw with some machining and port work. Just raw power. A 13” bar is just bonkers though 😂😂

• Haha 1