Owner uncontactable or not responding

Alex Seaview

Hello

Opposite my customers house is a small strip of land where there are quite a few trees. Over the last five years two significant trees have fallen and significantly damaged vehicles and property fortunately nobody was injured.

My customer is happy to pay for the work required to make several trees safe but I have been unsuccessful in contacting the owner of the land and they have not been forthcoming. No contact has been made. What is the best way to deal with this now?

Does anyone have any experience in successfully challenging somebody who has neglected trees like this?

Many thanks in advance 

Do you know who the owner is but they just are not responding?

Or are you completely in the dark about who owns it?

Both present their own problems but are rarely insurmountable. I've done a lot of chasing landowners over the years, usually to gain access for grey squirrel control.

Edited by Jackalope
Typo

5 hours ago, GarethM said:

Why would there be vehicular damage if it's private property?.

Perhaps a tree fell from the woodland onto someone's private property.  They may have even had a car parked on their drive which was damaged.

Not exactly an inconceivable scenario.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rich Rule said:

Perhaps a tree fell from the woodland onto someone's private property.  They may have even had a car parked on their drive which was damaged.

Not exactly an inconceivable scenario.

That's why I asked the question for clarity, we can all have a second guessing game on all the imaginary multitude of scenarios.

But Alex hasn't posted anything other than sketchy details, ultimately a land registry title search is the best option to find the owners unless it's a pressing highways issue.

1 minute ago, GarethM said:

That's why I asked the question for clarity, we can all have a second guessing game on all the imaginary multitude of scenarios.

But Alex hasn't posted anything other than sketchy details, ultimately a land registry title search is the best option to find the owners unless it's a pressing highways issue.

The general idea is literally given in his first paragraph. Tree falls from property of unknown ownership onto adjacent private land and causes damage.

• Like 2