The "Bee" tree guard

Simon Rotheram

i took the kids to a fun farm park last week, it was really busy and most of the folk there were a bit like the mum you are describing, we got to a big climbing net, alexander headed off and started climbing up it, i started shouting ' come on son, you can do it, take your time and hold on tight' and stuff like that, another wee boy was stuck, he had fallen through and was up to his crotch and stuck. his gran pointed this out to his mum and dad and they all burst out laughing and the granny said' i told you you wouldnt manage it'. and kept on laughing and pointing. unbelievable!!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people just don't deserve kids. It's no real surprise that people are becoming more selfish and callous with successive generations with examples like this from their parents and grandparents. Just makes it much more important that the rest of us do what we can to try to raise some decent people for the future.

The boy in the purple shirt had a real attitude when we got there and wasnt interested, I took a few minutes to talk him through the plants and explained what you can use them for recipes then showed him how to plant them properly, by the end of it he was getting stuck in and a completely different kid - just needed a bit of attention (his mum just sat on her doorstep smoking :thumbdown:)

thats sad:thumbdown:

excellent simon, your quality of work and attention to detail is superb:thumbup1:, i never noticed this thread before:blushing:, i used to be in the ' what a waste of money' gang, but i know nothing of poverty or hard times. i grew up surrounded by people who loved me and in beautiful countryside. If 7k bring happyness to only 1 kid on an estate then its worth while i say. And its one twice the price of a duck house, and we wont go there

Thank you Stevie!

The boy in the purple shirt had a real attitude when we got there and wasnt interested, I took a few minutes to talk him through the plants and explained what you can use them for recipes then showed him how to plant them properly, by the end of it he was getting stuck in and a completely different kid - just needed a bit of attention (his mum just sat on her doorstep smoking :thumbdown:)

Very much enjoying this post . Taking the time out for the young lad with the purple shirt nice touch :thumbup: