New chipper problem - what would you do

Cordata

Edit-

Just picked up new chipper. Likely loose connection sprayed oil everywhere and in my terrible mood I overreacted asking for advice on approaching dealer for fixing stuff, would rather not have this for all of arbtalk to see please mods..

Edited by Cordata

Oil sprayed on the machine will do it some good!

Take a chill pill and let the fitter find out where the oil has come from. Assuming hydraulic, might have just been a loose fitting?

Hope the driveway is ok?.....

Edited by scbk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Apart from the belts I wouldn't worry about spilt oil. Every machine is going to have a burst pipe at some point and it won't do any harm.

The dealer/manufacturer should get it repaired but the first thing I would do is open it up and check if it's just a loose pipe. It would have to be a major failure that is likely to repeat to get a replacement machine I think.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gdh said:

Apart from the belts I wouldn't worry about spilt oil. Every machine is going to have a burst pipe at some point and it won't do any harm.

The dealer/manufacturer should get it repaired but the first thing I would do is open it up and check if it's just a loose pipe. It would have to be a major failure that is likely to repeat to get a replacement machine I think.

Think it will just be a loose connection, and following these replies I realise I probably look like a bit of an idiot getting worked up about some oil..  

Don't know the specific qualities of hydraulic oil to know if it's going to muck anything up, googling now seems to say not really..

1 hour ago, Mick Dempsey said:

I understand why you feel perturbed.

Your pride and joy, something you’ve gone in debt for, that heralds a new start, let you down on its big opening night.

Hopefully just a hiccup.

Put very nicely and hit the nail on the head I think.

. . .

Edited by Cordata
  • Like 1