Subbing off other companies

Justaman.com

Subbing to larger companies definitely works in the early days.

The main thing to do if its price work is track how much you are making each day then review weekly and make sure the average is good. Some days you could make £1500 but if most days you are 300-400 then that could average out really low.

No one should be working for less than £650 a day for a two man team and should be aiming for £700-800 a day.

The main thing is as you grow and stop subbing for the larger firms do not try and poach their work you never know when you will need work again in the future or support. Never bite the hand that feeds you this industry is small and word gets about. Apart from that if it makes money then go for it.

• Like 3

On 21/04/2023 at 11:30, Justaman.com said:

Hello everyone I’ve been setting up my company since January and now fully operational, I’m getting 2 days of work per week now and I’m at the stage of thinking to buy/lease a truck chipper and storage to keep them safe. 

to go forward I’d need to sub of other company’s to maintain a profit and whilst I build up my own customer base, without name dropping there’s a few obvious companies that do this in the area I’m based , south east of England. 
can anyone give me a rough figure on what type of money I could get a day for doing this. 
I’m estimating £400 - £800 

Also can anyone give me any insight on how they coped working for other companies 👍 

much appreciated. 

How are you ‘fully operational’ without a truck and chipper?

• Like 4