how much?

jasonblack72

How long is a piece of string?!

If its any help, depending on log size i'll fill between between 45 and 50 nets from a really nicely heaped pick up load. The same size pick up load would just about fill (slightly heaped) 2 builders bags, so not miles away from 2mcube.

I stand to be shot down no doubt....:(

i think a builders bad is 0.56m3, then fill it with logs and its now 0.28m3 of timber, depeding on log size and either loose filled or built in like a brickie. You are just going to have to keep a record, remember the smaller the log the more sawdust you get, it all ads up on a big load. good luck

You will find that most builders bags are only about 0.6 cubic meters

I knew that I'd encourage replies like that, was only trying to help the new guy gage roughly how many nets out of a builders bag. Note how i said heaped builders bags and not miles away, in my sentence. I weren't exactly using precise figures!! I'd love someone to scroll through all threads on here and see how many different figures people have quote what metre cube builders bags are!! Not really sure why such a fuss is made about it.

RANT OVER!!

thanks for all your replies on my question.what would be the normal size of log?about 9 inces in length??you can probly tell in all new till all this.what woul be the normal price you can charge for a net??

Jason,

I sell my nets @ £4 for mixed seasoned logs and £5 for seriously dry oak (was lucky to get this wood but customers have loved it)

I cut logs at 10 inches for nets, but i cut to order for my bulk loads so bigger the log the better. Got one lady who i cut all logs at 18/20 inches, she loves big logs!!

I knew that I'd encourage replies like that, was only trying to help the new guy gage roughly how many nets out of a builders bag. Note how i said heaped builders bags and not miles away, in my sentence. I weren't exactly using precise figures!! I'd love someone to scroll through all threads on here and see how many different figures people have quote what metre cube builders bags are!! Not really sure why such a fuss is made about it.

RANT OVER!!

You don't seem to understand??:confused1:

Most builders bags are NOT "metre cube". :001_rolleyes: