Need a tipper!

karlton

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked up the LDV this evening! cracking truck for the money, drives like its done 10,000 miles. With a little tlc on the paintwork it will look good as new.

Thanks again for the heads up Mozza.

Dont know wether i should be starting a new thread for this but im now looking to put some greedy boards on it and was hoping you guys could answer a couple of questions with your experience.

What ply to use? thickness?

How do you attach them? would like to be able to take them off every now again is this possible?

Cheers

Karl

Picked up the LDV this evening! cracking truck for the money, drives like its done 10,000 miles. With a little tlc on the paintwork it will look good as new.

Thanks again for the heads up Mozza.

Dont know wether i should be starting a new thread for this but im now looking to put some greedy boards on it and was hoping you guys could answer a couple of questions with your experience.

What ply to use? thickness?

How do you attach them? would like to be able to take them off every now again is this possible?

Cheers

Karl

dont know what other people may recommend but if you built a steel frame you could use some plywood called shower board it has a white formica layer on one side and is approx 10 mm thick so would be ideal for some sign writing

Cheers for the info nifty that sounds like good stuff, but ive tried a google search and cant seem to find anymore info on it or any suppliers? whats its main use? is it for kitchens and bathrooms?

its used to make a tile less shower enclosure i think you would find it at most of the big building supplies

Shower Wall Boards and Panels

hers a link to a company that makes it not cheap but it is good stuff

Mermaid - The ultimate waterproof wall panel system

its used to make a tile less shower enclosure i think you would find it at most of the big building supplies

Shower Wall Boards and Panels

hers a link to a company that makes it not cheap but it is good stuff

Mermaid - The ultimate waterproof wall panel system

how much is it a sheet then mate? quite interested in using that for mine :thumbup1: looks good

Im going to give my local dealer a ring tomorrow for prices.

Not for sale what size sheet would you be after? What colour would you want? i will find out a price for you and post on here when i get home in the evening.

So do you guys just stand the boards up and use the weight of the chip to hold them in place? ive got no experience in metal work so might be a bit of a struggle for me to make a frame to attach the boards to the body.

Karl

Edited by karlton

i was pondering this last night when i couldnt sleep. fixed greedy boards are a pain if you do multi jobs. hows about board fixed on headboard then the side bits are the width of the bed mounted on some good gate hinges to the head board. one side could be mounted on an inch spacer so that when you dont want them they fold flat back against the head board! does that make sense?