Makita dcs4301 clutch drum

pieandapint

Hi folks, long time lurker first time poster. I'm having trouble finding a 3/8 LP clutch drum for my dcs4301 and was wondering if there is anything else available that's compatible? 

Is this due to makita no longer manufacturing chainsaws? 

All the clutch drums I can find seem to be missing the tabs on the back which drive the oil pump. 

Is it possible to convert to a splined clutch drum to accept a 3/8 LP sprocket? 

Sorry for all the questions! 

Dave

IMG_20230228_102828.jpg

IMG_20230228_102836.jpg

The correct part number is 158927-9 and you can purchase here, L&S are a good supplier so don't take the "not in stock" for they can't get them in. Generally it means that they will put an order in to the main UK Makita distributor and it will be days away. This seems to be the only OEM part available : -

WWW.LSENGINEERS.CO.UK

Clutch Drum Comp .325 Ea43/Ps Genuine Makita Part OEM No. 158927-9

29 minutes ago, spudulike said:

The correct part number is 158927-9 and you can purchase here, L&S are a good supplier so don't take the "not in stock" for they can't get them in. Generally it means that they will put an order in to the main UK Makita distributor and it will be days away. This seems to be the only OEM part available : -

WWW.LSENGINEERS.CO.UK

Clutch Drum Comp .325 Ea43/Ps Genuine Makita Part OEM No. 158927-9

Thanks but that appears to be 7t vs the 6t that came with the saw. I think as parts seem to be drying up I may be better getting a splined clutch drum with separate sprocket as I'd like to continue running the saw for a few more years and sprockets may be easier to acquire. 

I'm just scratching my head regarding part numbers.

I believe I'll also need a shim for behind the clutch drum, needle bearing, and of course a 6t sprocket. 

That last bit might undo your plan....not sure a 6T rim sprocket exists.

Dont forget the outside diameter of the rim sprocket is proportional to number of teeth - that's to say a 6 T rim might be too small to function on the splined clutch drum.

Happy to be proved wrong.....

Get it shipped from germany?

WWW-DER--HEIMWERKER-AT.TRANSLATE.GOOG

Iv'e bought parts & stuff before from various german sites as the price is often less & the range in stock  better.

Or get the ea5000 rim one &

Oregon 18720 i think would work

WWW.JAPGMOWERS.CO.UK

Replacement for Part Numbers Husqvarna 504 52 30-02, 504523002, 5045230-02, 640 20 00-36, 640200036...

I didn't fit a rim sprocket yet as still have a few spur ones bough as spare to use up first.

My makita came with .325

Edited by Stere
  • Like 1

if you need a 3/8 spur sprocket for your saw I have some packed away somewhere and I’ve got .325 spur sprockets

as @Stere says if you can find a 3/8 lo pro rim sprocket

you can use a clutch drum from Ea-5000 or ea-6100

or if no joy try your stiga dealer and get a 3/8 lo pro spur 

sprocket for a stiga sp-386 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don't worry about 7 tooth spur sprocket on 3/8 lo-pro. 2 years ago I ordered a 6 tooth from my local Makita dealer for my EA4300, which is very similar to your saw. Makita supplied the 7 tooth, when my dealer queried this he was told by Makita that they were only doing the 7 tooth in 3/8 as it worked better. Took so long to arrive I bought replacement .325 bar and chains instead.