Manitou MRT 3050

peds

Evening chaps,

Niche question, it's not my area of expertise so I'm a bit clueless. Do you reckon the above named machine, a Manitou MRT 3050, with a jib crane, needs its legs out for lifting any load, or do you reckon it can still function on light loads without the legs out? I'm just wondering if there might be sensors blocking it from doing any work.

I've got a delivery of roof materials coming and space is a bit tight.

It'll lift and drive to a point but you won't be able use the slew function or extend the boom upwards or outwards to its full capacity. There should be a load range sticker in the cab with the weight capacities and extension ranges in mobile and crane function. Check that and find out the weight of your materials. That'll answer your question. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Conor Wright said:

Just reread your post, if you're planning on getting ready made trusses into position id assume you're going to need the outriggers down due to the amount of boom extension required.

No, trusses are in place, we've got 3x1m corrugated fibre cement sheets coming to cover the roof, they are only 50kg a piece and need to be lifted 7m or so, so we might get away with it.

Cheers dudes.

I wouldn't be too worried about looking at those lifting charts, most modern machines have enough electronics in them to know when you've farted let alone exceeded the lifting limits 🙂.

That's not me saying don't just use common sense, as a pile of roofing sheets are heavy. Just lift them a few at a time.