Rigging Wrench

Ledburyjosh

I've both the 70kg and the 120kg

The 70kg gets used often, it was out today in fact.

There was no possibility of using a bollard as the trees were sandwiched between a fence and sheds on top of a bank.

The 120kg, gets used far less but should have been today for the final lumps.

I run a 10mm rope with both of the devices, so much slicker than 12mm

An advantage over natural crotch rigging is the lack of friction when pulling branches up to clear obstacles.

Stuart

1 hour ago, Dan Maynard said:

Wow. Having found the 12 so much better than 13 I'd be interested to try, just can't understand they say recommended rope size is 13mm.

This is the one I use but my climber says there are more supple ones.

WWW.ELAGAGE-HEVEA.COM

Le meilleur rapport qualité / prix du marché ! La corde de rétention KATUALI de chez FTC offre un excellent compromis diamètre / résistance. Avec un faible allongement à la tension...

16 hours ago, Ty Korrigan said:

This is the one I use but my climber says there are more supple ones.

WWW.ELAGAGE-HEVEA.COM

Le meilleur rapport qualité / prix du marché ! La corde de rétention KATUALI de chez FTC offre un excellent compromis diamètre / résistance. Avec un faible allongement à la tension...

Can't easily find that one in the UK but Gustharts have an English Braids 10mm rigging line, evidently it's not a common size.

1 hour ago, Treetom15 said:

@Ty Korrigan do you find it a lot smoother with the 10mm line? Smallest I’ve used with mine is 12mm teufelberger and it runs ok but definitely too much friction for smaller sized stuff-I’d say if the branch weighs less than 30kg it’s too stiff and won’t run

Yes, far smoother.

The new 12mm lasted a morning's worth if frustration before I ordered a 10mm.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ty Korrigan said:

Yes, far smoother.

The new 12mm lasted a morning's worth if frustration before I ordered a 10mm.

Good to know 👍 I need a new small diameter rigging line, so will try the 10mm-the wrench doesn’t get used much as I mostly find it’s too much friction, so it would be nice to make it more versatile