How good are you?

Trailoftears

Religious type C wearer, never worn type A's and also never cut myself, Not sure why I'm so vehement about them just a personal thing.

Ladders, hate them, the most serious accidents I've had have been due to ladders or faulty ladders, and yet I still use them.

I'd say I'm quite danger-averse apart from inherently dangerous tasks where you do your best to mitigate any risks.

Edited by Dionysus
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dionysus said:

Religious type C wearer, never worn type A's and also never cut myself, Not sure why I'm so vehement about them just a personal thing.

Ladders, hate them, the most serious accidents I've had have been due to ladders or faulty ladders, and yet I still use them.

I'd say I'm quite danger-averse apart from inherently dangerous tasks where you do your best to mitigate any risks.

How long you been wearing type c’s for ? If over ten years have you ever had kidney stones? 
I will religiously wear saw trousers on site but I would never wear type cs and I would never cut under or at the back of my legs either. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MattyF said:

How long you been wearing type c’s for ? If over ten years have you ever had kidney stones? 
I will religiously wear saw trousers on site but I would never wear type cs and I would never cut under or at the back of my legs either. 

Coming up 15 years, worked full time, the hottest days of the year flat out on big takedowns etc, never had a problem... I'd just take my shirt off for lifting logs and put it on my shoulder, or change into shorts once the cutting was done.

Edited by Dionysus
  • Like 1

To use an electrical regs word practicable.

Where you wear it or not, either you'll be explaining it to the Dr in A&E or the HSE if you're an employee or Employer.

Wear as much protection as you can, but like all tree guys you should be able to argue why you don't need to wear x,y,x.

Also,on praps a slightly bitter note,Ive spent most of my adult life wearing protected toecap boots of various materiels.Now,70% of my nail  beds are wrecked.Coz thats what toecap boots do to you long term.Put it like this-a nail scissors/clippers are no longer a viable option!Side cutters maybe.Of course,over the years I've NEVER come even close to driving a g.fork thru my pinkies or stood on a lurking nail in a plank!Of course,should I be rash enough to dust down my dancing pumps and give them a much-needed airing-fate will ensure I drive a g.fork down to its hilt in my foot first day out. 

1 minute ago, GarethM said:

To use an electrical regs word practicable.

Where you wear it or not, either you'll be explaining it to the Dr in A&E or the HSE if you're an employee or Employer.

Wear as much protection as you can, but like all tree guys you should be able to argue why you don't need to wear x,y,x.

In this vein you definitely wouldn't catch me in sleeves or a bib.... just don't see the point... but also the only time I've heard of type C's making a difference is when someone bent over to pick a log up and their mate/colleague had a kickback and it went into their arse, maybe it comes from always wearing them during the beginning of my career and it's what i know? they are good for blackthorn hawthorn and pyracantha hedges/topping too.

Just now, MattyF said:

I stopped wearing them about 18 years ago after getting kidney stones and I’m sure that was from getting constantly dehydrated in summer, I’ve honestly never felt the need to go back to them. 

Mind you they were probably absolute shite back then and more capable of giving you heat stroke after 10 minutes in July. 

• Haha 1